During the last few months, we've been busy reading many, many travel books and soaking up information on all of the potential destination spots that we have dreamt about for so long. We've also been putting together a "to-do" list or "mile-markers" of tasks that need to be accomplished at the 6-month countdown mark, 4-month, 2-month, and 1-month countdown. This is an ongoing list that is frequently updated.
To give you an idea, here's what we have on our 6-Month Countdown:
- Save $$ (specify the dollar amount)
- Research vaccination needs
- Look for immunization records
- Research medical and travel insurance options
- Create profile for housesitter websites such as www.airbnb.com; housesitters.com; etc.
- Start looking into housesitter and dogsitter options
- Start learning a language (e.g. Spanish)
- Research visa needs for potential destinations
- Look into visa processing services
- Contact a round-the-world travel agency
- Solidify major destinations for a general round-the-world itinerary